1. Use wax paper to line a baking sheet
2. In a bowl combine peanut butter, butter, sugar & vanilla
3. Roll peanut butter mixture into 48 balls, place on sheet & refrigerate for an hour
4. Combine chocolate chips with shortening in a microwave safe bowl, then nuke until melted - BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVER COOK - try 60 seconds first then 10 second intervals after that
5. Dip refigerated balls with a fork into melted chocolate, but not all the way - leaving an opening for the "cornea" - hold each ball over chocolate until it stops dripping - then place cornea side up on the baking sheet.
6. Use mini M&M's for the eyes and after they're all in place, put back in refrigerator or freezer - serve chilled!
Cooking for your wife or girlfriend
Swordfish with fresh pesto/Oregano roasted potatoes/sautéed bell peppers/ strawberry salad
Fresh Basil Pesto
Combine the basil in with the pine nuts, pulse a few times in a food processor. Add the garlic, pulse a few times more.
Yield: makes 1 cup
Yield: serves 2
Summer Strawberry Salad
Mix lettuce/ onions/strawberries in bowl
Yields: Serves 2
Bell Pepper Medley
Cut a yellow/red and green bell pepper in to long strips
Yield: Serves 2
Roasted Oregano Potatoes
Yields: 2 Servings
4 Chicken Breasts sliced flat into 1/3
1 cup of flour (all purpose is fine)
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of pepper
1 stick of butter
8 oz Marsalla cooking wine (any)
1 jar Heinz home style rich mushroom gravy-this is a key ingredient don’t substitute
2 oz lemon juice
In a large high wall frying pan, melt some butter on medium heat.
Add salt and pepper to flour and pat chicken into flour to coat.
Fry the chicken to golden on both sides and when cooked, place in a large bowl or serving dish that can accommodate some gravy poured on top.
When all the chicken has been cooked, adding butter as needed to fry, turn the heat up to high and add the wine. Stir the wine vigorously for about 30 seconds or until it boils. Add the gravy and lemon juice and stir thoroughly until it boils again. Pour some gravy over the chicken, the rest place in a gravy boat.